Monday 28 March 2011

An all inspiring day out at the Country Living Fair in London.

I went to the fair with my daughter and daughter-in-law. It was held at the Business Design Centre in London. There were over 400 independent designers, makers and small producers from the UK.
We had a lovely time and came home with lots of new ideas to be more creative. I took over 100 photos, (with permission of the stall holders), but as i cannot show all of these due to my last post crashing i have selected my favourite ones.

This is me with my daughter-in-law waiting to go into the fair. I am the one on the left.


These lovely cushions were made for William and Kate's forthcoming marriage.

Vicky and Anna from Wild Paeony are passionate about country chic style.


Pixie Land was my favourite stand. It was just like going into a fantasy land of fairies, toadstools etc.



Lots and lots of hand made quilts.

These handbags were made by quality craftsmen.



These lovely cuddly toys came in kit form from Emily'Ark. My daughter bought a mohair teddy kit.


I just love this display of all hand made pottery. Its so lovely to see such pretty pottery made in England.

These brightly coloured pictures were made by Charlotte Clowes using coloured paper, How very clever.

The designer here cleverly used patchwork in all her work. My daughters favourite.

This hand-embroidered throw was made by village women in Bangladesh and designed by Sophie Pattinson. It cost £250 to buy. The work is just incredible to look at.

Such a simple heart, but beautiful to own.

Lovely crotchet and material bags

Hand made decorative home accessories by Funtasia. The owls and fairies were clearly the best....

Hearts and china display


These dolls caught my eye i just had to buy the one on the left.


The smell from these dried fruits was lovely.

You would never believe it but these are tiles, made by Welbeck in Cornwell.

I would just love to own this pink bicycle!!

I was very interested in these slates as i make slate hearts from slate i found from a rubbish heap in my garden.

I had a great time at the fair with my daughter and daughter-in-law and would recommend it to all you bloggers. The next fair will be nearer Christmas and i certainly will be going.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Such gorgeous items. Looks like you had a fab time. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How AMAZING wish i had gone too now !!! Thanks for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow all the things are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda..... so happy you fixed the your photos..... loved looking at them. What a good time you must have had.... wish I could have accompanied you. The pink bicycle is so fun!

    Thanks for visiting my blog..... always look forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete