Thursday 20 October 2011

The BEST ever Organic Pumpkin Soup....

My Pumpkin soup is not just Pumpkin soup its the best ever Linda Wilks Pumpkin soup.........

Why!! because all the ingredients are from my very own organic vegetable plot......All grown by little old me....

Potatoes, Garlic, Pepper, Chili pepper,onions and the,,,, pumpkin.

I found the recipe in a magazine and adapted it by adding Maldon salt and Bouillon, a vegetable powder to bring out the flavour of the soup as it can be very bland without some seasoning....

All my home grown produced ready to be prepped..... All grown from tiny little seeds in the Spring, fed and watered during the summer, harvested in the Autumn and stored over the winter. How wonderful mother nature is to supply us with such lovely food.

My old pine table has seen many a happy mealtime...
As you can see the page is a bit ripped, but i can still use it...

Here is the recipe for the soup. If you double click on the photo it will bring up the recipe much clearer....

Well! here it is the finished result. I love to eat it in a rustic manner... from a pudding basin topped with a strong cheese and some crusty bread while watching the television on a cold day.... I usually make some bread, but as i made the soup on the spur of the moment there was no time to make some so had to make do with shop ones.

So instead of throwing that pumpkin away after Halloween why not have a go at making this delicious soup .......



6 comments:

  1. oh Linda...this looks amazing!!! yum yum yum xx and i am soooo jealous of your veg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post - just LOVE your Pumkin soup - a lovely Harvest Post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great Linda I got a greenhouse full!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home grown veg is amazing! I tried growing a few things this year but it was all disastrous! Including my pumpkins which I planted late and they haven't really grown as big as they should be...... Ah, well, there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds, looks, amazing. Pumpkin is my very favorite vegetable. I am all over this.

    ReplyDelete