Saturday 2 February 2013

Scouts Rummage 2013

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all keeping well and free from all these nasty bugs that are going around at the moment. I have been lucky so far to have missed them. Perhaps its all those multi vitamins i take every day that are keeping them away!!!!!

Its been very cold here today in Essex and looks like there may be some more snow on the way, but it didn't stop me venturing out to the annual scouts rummage in Wickham Bishops on the look out for that one special thing......   

 I really look forward to this day as you never know what you might find.  
 As usual it was very crowded, especially in the bric a brac tent where the tables were piled high with all sorts of junk imaginable. And amongst all the junk i managed to find a few things that caught my eye.
So here they are...............



 I love to buy little things that intrigue me like these two tiny lead soldiers and these very old treen curtain pulls including the lead weights. I have unscrewed one to show you the lead inside.



 What a find this was .. A lustre ware teapot which i was told is very collectible. 


 This tiny child's mug caught my eye. I love any china with nursery rhymes on.


 As always i like to buy pictures of Maldon  by local artists.  The church on the left is where i was christened.


 I found this celery jar quite amusing especially those SAD eyes. They remind me of somebody that i used to know!!!!!
    Pink is my favourite colour so i just had to have this beautiful pink plate.

I find rummages sales so therapeutic........  

7 comments:

  1. wish i had made the effort to go to the sale too - love the pink china and the celery pot - x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm very envious, I love your finds. I haven't been to a rummage sale for years. Not many around these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda you always get such great finds at your jumble sales. x J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Scout jumble sale is the highlight of the year!!Your pink teapot is very special. Well done you. Are you joining in with Betty's (the woodfairy)Spring Swap. It's an easy-peasy one. A great way to 'meet' new folk too. Have a good week, Linda. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Linda, I hope you are continuing to keep well and warm! Your finds are beautiful! I am happy for you! I love the pink teapot. Pink is my favorite color too! Enjoy all your pretties sweetie! Love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to rummage too Linda but my husband always complains that we have enough of our own 'stuff' without other peoples too!! You got some fab buys though, the tea pot and the nursery rhyme cup are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure that these little treasures wait for you to arrive.. I am feeling a little green..xx

    ReplyDelete